I caught this story being posted, and asked for permission to blog it – it’s pretty harrowing.

It purports to be a recounting of a hastily thrown photo op for Michelle Obama to stand in front of wounded soldiers from Walter Reed hospital. According to the account, they were forced to dress in their uniforms, and were told the event would include an awards ceremony and a luncheon.

Neither were conducted, but the soldiers were made to sit, some suffering dehydration due to their medications, while Michelle reportedly waltzed in, took some pictures and hurriedly ran out.

UPDATE: Kristinn Taylor of Free Republic sent me a link to what appears to be pictures from the event – the details seem to match the story, so I’ve added a few.

In the photos, nearly all of Michelle are of her and her flunkies, including Hilda Solis, the outgoing Labor Secretary.

After considering whether to tell the story, J.R. relented:

Do they look excited to be there?

The details in the picture fit – wounded warriors dressed up for her appearance.

They don’t look terribly happy.

Only one photo shows Michelle actually taking a picture with a soldier - and it’s across a barrier between her and the soldiers.

And as a kicker:

The thing about this story is that it confirms what many conservatives suspect – but will liberals just ignore it? The military is respected far beyond nearly any other institution among Americans.

Unfortunately, too many of our warriors’s opinions are stifled by military customs and laws.

Makes you wonder what else is being kept quiet…

UPDATE:

I found another detail from the event pictured above that helps corroborate the story reported by J.R. In this glowing article about Michelle’s visit, it mentions where the event was held:

“We want to recognize the extraordinary dedication, sacrifice and service of our nation’s caregivers, not simply with words, but with deeds,” the first lady told the audience gathered at the Labor Department in Washington, D.C.

This would fit the description that the wounded veterans were bussed from the hospital instead of having Michelle make the incredible effort of going to Walter Reed Hospital. How many of these things are they made to go to, and why can’t she just go to the hospital?

The writer also added, “As I listened from the back of the packed auditorium…” as if they were there of their own volition.

16 Responses to Veteran’s Story About Michelle Obama Using War Amputees as Photo Props

1. Gods Beloved says:

CLEARLY SHE IS THE WORST FIRST LADY IN THE HISTORY OF THIS NATIONS ENTIRE UNITED STATES PRESIDENCY, SHE IS NOTHING BUT A SHELL, SOUL-LESS. I pity the day she stands before the judgement seat of JESUS CHRIST.

2. Barbaree says:

These two (bo and moochelle) are the two most nasty, selfish b——s that ever existed.

3. Mark Rusk says:

All this for a damn flag? Yes Moochelle, we’re proud of our country….well until you and the communist came along.

4. R0nin says:

Thanks for sharing JR’s story.

5. Vicki Joyner says:

All that for a damn Hag….

6. KansasGirl says:

I was raised to never hate anyone, but it’s getting awfully hard.
    G-d, give us strength.

7. Toots says:

I am profoundly sorry, you wounded and family members who endured this humiliation.
    I thank you with my entire being for your service and sacrifice.

8. She can be the First Lady….But She Is Not A Lady

9. Zan says:

So Wig 1 had her little fun. What a piece of work!

10. She is such a despicable individual! As an RN I can just imagine the suffering those poor men and women went through sitting there for hours without pain medication or food! Also new stump sites are extremely sensitive and I can just imagine how uncomfortable it must have been to have polyester rubbing against their stump sites!! All I can hope is that Karma is a big bitch and it she comes for MO and her ilk!!

11. [...] Veteran’s Story About Michelle Obama Using War Amputees As Photo Props [...]

12. Megan says:

Walter Reed Hospital has been closed for years so I’m wondering if this story is true?

13. You’re right. It’s closed and operations were moved to “Walter Reed National Medical Center.” It was just sloppy on my part in calling it Walter Reed Hospital. http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=14161175

14. faid6631272 says:

l
    deaf male city gedaref sudan l am age 25 old year . weapon not friend
    well power jion yes. sharker peace .how are you?. cross lesson chruch
    exit pray jesus work find clean cross manager 12 good. l idea work go
    sorry weapon arabic question know not friend english manager compute
    well clever good. married not poor problem think work friend beg
    .travelle never hope heart love very top beg .l pelope help not state
    not help not why happend music love. wait tour sport friend work top
    sound polite yes beause happend satan world happy weapon fight fool
    wrong erroir god see angel work seek sreach work stop stirke crule.
    clean cool happy pelope work road good. disbey beacome not obey work
    cool help top right very power .weapon never stop.

15. faid6631272 says:

attack not friend cross chruch love all sudan

Tell me something awesome...

%d bloggers like this: