Republican’s Hilarious ‘Dog Ate My Tax Receipts Act’ Lets Taxpayers Use Same Excuses as IRS is Using
House Representative Steve Stockman is often cited by the left for his unorthodox statements, but his proposed bill called the “Dog Ate My Tax Receipts Act” is one of the funnier attempts to mock the left I’ve ever seen:
Taxpayers who do not produce documents for the Internal Revenue Service will be able to offer a variety of dubious excuses under legislation introduced by Rep. Steve Stockman (R-TX 36) a week after the IRS offered an incredibly dubious excuse for its failure to turn documents over to House investigators.
Here’s the list of approved excuses under the bill:
1. The dog ate my tax receipts
2. Convenient, unexplained, miscellaneous computer malfunction
3. Traded documents for five terrorists
4. Burned for warmth while lost in the Yukon
5. Left on table in Hillary’s Book Room
6. Received water damage in the trunk of Ted Kennedy’s car
7. Forgot in gun case sold to Mexican drug lords
8. Forced to recycle by municipal Green Czar
9. Was short on toilet paper while camping
10. At this point, what difference does it make?
We should throw in there that George W. Bush destroyed my tax receipts when he orchestrated the 9/11 attack, Global Warming made them spontaneously combust, Global Cooling made them freeze and crack into a million icicles, and the Tea Party attacked them because racism!
“The United States was founded on the belief government is subservient and accountable to the people. Taxpayers shouldn’t be expected to follow laws the Obama administration refuses to follow themselves,” said Stockman. “Taxpayers should be allowed to offer the same flimsy, obviously made-up excuses the Obama administration uses.”
Obama’s gonna be really upset when he reads about this on Monday in the newspapers.