John Stossel obliterates AB5, the freelance-killing ‘gig economy’ law, in a new fantastic video
The great John Stossel took on AB5 and he perfectly summed up the problem with the freelance-killing “gig economy” law in this short and engaging video. I encourage you to watch and share it:
Wow. Stossel is fantastic at making complex issues very clear, and he really gets to the heart of the matter quickly and as concisely as possible.
It’s really telling as well that Lorena Gonzalez, the former Union lawyer who is now a California state lawmaker, was too frightened to defend her horrible bill to Stossel.
It might be because she knows she’s really horrible at debate:
Holy shit you’re a lawyer and you don’t know this is a logical fallacy? You got cheated on your edumacation, pendeja! https://t.co/ULYTwP5mgn
— ¡El Sooopèrr! ن c137 (@SooperMexican) March 10, 2020
ANYWAY, please inform yourselves on AB5 because Democrats want to apply it nationally, and it will hurts MILLIONS of workers just as it is hurting tens of thousands in California right now, and possibly many more.
Here’s some more on AB5, the freelance-killing law:
- AB5 author Sen. Lorena Gonzalez says jobs lost were not real jobs
- More about the bill from the AB5 Facts website
- A petition against AB5 gets 170,000 signatures from just one industry
- Iconic writer Neil Gaiman backs anti-AB5 movement
- AB5 author Lorena Gonzalez LIES about protesters at her rally
- Great tweets from handsome blogger Soopermexican against Ab5