Whoah! Obama’s Opulent State Dinners Cost The Taxpayer About Half A Million Dollars Each
Obama is having a grand old time with his socialist buddy President Francois Hollande of France on his visit, and for the first time ever, Americans will get a view of just how much a State dinner costs them.
It took thirteen months for the State Department to respond to the request for the costs of such dinners, but here they are!
CBS News has obtained the Office of Protocol’s expense calculations for the first five state dinners of the Obama presidency.
- Nov. 24, 2009 – State dinner for Prime Minister Manmohan Singh of India. $572,187.36
- May 19, 2010 – State dinner for President Felipe Calderon of Mexico. $563,479.92
- Jan. 19, 2011 – State dinner for President Hu Jintao of China. $412,329.73.
- June 7, 2011 – State dinner for Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany. $215,883.36
- Oct. 13, 2011 – State dinner for President Lee Myung-bak of South Korea. $203,053.34
The State Department has yet to respond to another Freedom of Information request filed seven months ago for its rundown of the expenses for the state dinner honoring British Prime Minister David Cameron on March 14, 2012.
Wow! The regal president mompants sure is having a great time on the taxpayer’s dime! And what’s with the gender disparity? Is Angela Merkel a light eater, or do they discriminate against the fairer sex on dinners in the same way they discriminate on salary pay?!
Total costs for five state dinners is $1,966.933.71, or just under half a million dollars each. In another snub to Congress, the administration completely ignored Darrell Issa’s requests for this information way back in 2012, but answered the same request from CBS. Classy huh?