Obama and Occupiers Occupy Each Other: Bain Capital Targeted
Yesterday Judicial Watch released documents obtained from the Department of Homeland Security confirming that the White House had ordered law enforcement officials to not arrest Occupy protesters who were breaking the law, but let them protest [emphasis added]:
Former GSA Public Buildings Service Commissioner Robert Peck told a senior Department of Homeland Security official that the federal housekeeping agency had been instructed by the Obama White House to go easy on the Occupy protestors.
In a Nov. 6, 2011, DHS/National Protection and Programs Directorate Chief of Staff Caitlin Durkovich asked GSA’s Peck if it was true that his agency had asked Federal Protective Service officials not to take action against the Occupy Portland protestors.
“Yes, that is our position,” Peck responded. “It’s been vetted with our Administrator and Michael Robertson, our chief of staff, and we have communicated with the WH [White House], which has afforded us the discretion to fashion our approach to Occupy issues…The arrests last week were carried out despite our request that the protesters [sic] be allowed to remain and to camp overnight…”
read more at Washington Examiner
The examiner further reports that, “The Obama White House denied on multiple occasions during the Occupy protests last year that anybody in the Obama administration had given aid or encouragement to the demonstrations,” ignoring Obama’s adoption of Occupy protesters when he told them, “you are the reason I ran for president.”
Occupy Wall Street has vigorously denied any complicity with democrats, but even if one ignores the obvious overlap of the extremist anti-capital agenda of Occupy and the fabian Socialism of the democrats, there’s plenty of evidence of collaboration between occupy and the Democrats:
- Occupy inciting violence against the Republican convention, but mild protests against the DNC. They’ve gone as far to name this year’s protest the same as the one in 2008 in which protesters planned to firebomb policecars with no regard to possible fatalities.
- Democrats launch 99% Spring to co-opt occupy movement.
- Noted devout Catholic and Botox enthusiast Nancy Pelosi on Occupy: “God bless them – for their spontaneity. It’s independent … it’s young, it’s spontaneous, and it’s focused. And it’s going to be effective.”
- Prominent Unions directly declare solidarity with occupy, and join their protests.
- Unions have helped fund Occupy, most notably renting an entire office space for Occupy Washington DC.
- Occupiers were decidedly on the side of the Democrat Tom Barrett in the Wisconsin recall election to the point that they clashed violently with police after Scott Walker trounced him.
- Occupy tried and failed to get a large group to protest a Mitt Romney fundraising event at David Koch’s home, whining about the 1% attendees while completely ignoring any similarly attended Obama events.
But the greatest and most obvious evidence of this alignment between Occupy and the Democrats is the recent declaration that they will organize a boycott of venture capital company Bain Capital, which was founded by Mitt Romney. For instance, at restaurants:
- EAT BUT DON’T PAY YOUR BILL, ONLY TIP (A LOT)
- DO A MIC CHECK ENCOURAGING OTHERS TO DO THE SAME
Not only does this demonstrate an obvious complicity with Obama and the Democrat party, but shows a desperate occupy movement flailing for relevance and attention.
Lachlan Markay of Heritage posted this flyer that was being handed out in Washington DC:
Notice the hashtag – it’s the same as the website being peddled by the Obama team, as displayed by this picture that was just released today by Brad Woodhouse, proto-communications director for the Democrats:
This campaign had to be planned at least a week ago for the painting job to be done – and it’s supposed to be a coincidence that Occupy Wall Street had the exact same messaging?
Sneak peek: pic.twitter.com/FOrAENOm
— The Democrats (@TheDemocrats) August 9, 2012